Things here in London are in manic. That’s
all I can say! I did see the opening
ceremonies it had a lot if British
humor. The song they sang at the beginning "Jerusalem" yeah greatest
song in the world I want that sung at my homecoming! That is our mission song,
love it to bits.
We have been in London a lot, we
have been setting up a bunch of stalls for the missionaries to work at that are
by the Olympic events in our mission. While we are working the stalls we wear
our countries flag underneath our badge like the temple square sisters. It is
fun to have people from the states come up to us and talk cuz they see our flag
or wherever the other missionaries are from. In the London zone there are four Americans
and the rest are from all over the world! Denmark, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Poland,
Wales, Scotland, England, Australia, Honduras, South Africa, and France!
One of the places we set up a stall was
right next to the London eye and that is where you get all of the street
performers! Just like in NYC the dudes who paint themselves or the dancers that
is where all those guys go. Those street performers are territorial! There was
this clown who was like the clown from you know where and in his act he was
funny and cute but then after he came up to us and was swearing and saying we shouldn’t
be there that we were taking away from his act. We gave him a pass along card
and he walked away. Then we ran into these Ghanaian street dancers and they were
awesome! I went up to them and in their language told them that I love fu fu
(an Ghanaian dish) me pe fu fu pa! and they went nuts! They loved us from
that time forth! We got all their addresses so the missionaries could go teach
them. Also while we were there this
blond American lady came up to us and said "hello elders" we had
already seen a bunch of members of the church and it was obvious she was one of
them cuz she called us Elders. Then I saw on a name tag she had, it said "Ann
Romney" and I asked any relations to Mitt and she said yeah he is my
husband! Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we met Mitts wife! We talked for a bit and then
we took a photo with her. That was my excitement as far as the Olympics is
concerned. I’ll enclose the picture of E Simmons, me and Anne Romney. Small world:)
Dad cycling was in Surrey that is
near the temple. Rowing in Winsor where I started my mission. The Olympics are
alive and well and so am I.:)
Well, family hope all is well and
love you guys to bits!
Love,
Elder Michael White