Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Missionary Life


Well, this past week has been a crazy week for us. We have been working the area like crazy and are seeing some good success. We don’t have any dates as of yet but there is a member referral from Lithuania we are teaching and we are excited about that.

 The next two days we won’t be in our area. We are going to go on a road trip for a couple of days. Tomorrow we are headed up to Oxford. I’ve never been there so I am excited. Pres Millar has really gotten into his groove over here. He is a fantastic mission pres. I really love him to bits. The other night he took us out for dinner and I was laughing so hard I about died!

I went into London... again. Crazy place up there especially during the Olympics. We gave the departing group of missionaries a tour of London. It was good. This past week as well after all of the moves Pres. Millar went to Germany for a few days for a conference. We held down the fort.

We have been working with the RCs as I said. Jonathan and Debi are rock stars. We took them to the temple and they loved it again! The ward is so good to them. On Sat. we went to an elder’s quorum get together and Manoj who is a recent convert and the elder’s quorum sec were there. Manoj made us all curry. It was so good. Today we fasted for our area. We are trying so hard  to find an individual or family who will be kingdom builders before I go home.

Chao Li came up on transfers with one of the missionaries. He was one of their companions for the day.  I thought we should go do baptisms and so after we had done our training we went into the temple with Chao Li and did baptisms! It was so good. He told me after "I love bringing people to God." Melted my heart. I love that kid. By the time we were done  it was too late for him to go home so we got pres. permission and he stayed the night at our flat. We watched the Joseph Smith movie. He had never seen it and didn’t know how Joseph Smith died. He has three friends down there who are being taught by the missionaries. He is such a great missionary.
Well family I love you all so sososoososso much!
Love you all!
Elder Michael White 


P.S.  One of the ZL's took these pictures of Elder Simmons and I and sent us this little note.                     Just a quick tip found on page 22 of Preach My Gospel.  "Study at a desk or table where you can write (not laying down or sitting on your bed), organize your study materials, and remain alert."
Keep up the good work!