This week is transfers! Crazy
week... I will miss Elder Simmons. He leaves on Wednesday. Today Pres. called a new AP and his name is Elder
Albrechtson. He is from Logan Utah. He is great! I seriously love the kid to
death. I am sooooooo stoked to serve
with him. Good man. His personality is just like Kyle Esplin.
This past week Elder Simmons and I
went to visit a lady we had reactivated. I don’t know if you remember Della Barbour. She is the one who is in prison. Her prison is
in our mission. She was recently moved there, and so we went to visit her. We
write her a letter about once a week. Now that she is in our mission we can visit
her. When we got to the prison, they did
ID checks, took my badge, my tie, my wallet, everything that was loose they
took. Then we got strip searched, then they took us into separate rooms and the
door behind us would close, and then the one in front would open; this repeated
about four times until finally we got into the main hall area and there was Della Barbour!
We sat and talked with her for about two hours and she is doing so well! She is
reading the Book of Mormon. She is in
the Book of Helaman right now. She writes to us, and this is what she said in
one of her letters, "I cannot tell you how much you both mean to me. I
feel as though I was the reason why you were both sent to England. I don’t know
where I would be today without you two to help me through this tough period of
my life. Thank you." I believe that whole heartedly; that she was one of
the MANY reasons I came here. It was good to talk to her. Her family is doing
well too.
Another cool part of the week was
when we took Jonathan and Debi to the temple for one of our teaches. That has been one
thing I have tried to do in our spare time to solidfy these RCs. They had us over for dinner. Man I love them.
They made me and Simmons promise we would be here for their sealing. I told
them I can’t promise but I will try. When we told them Simmons was leaving on Wednesday
Debi started to cry and say, "I don’t want you guys to go." It was
really touching and just made my heart melt!
As far as the Olympics things are crazy
as ever. When the games are on TV at members or at the temple visitor center we
see a few things. When we go out knocking doors it is funny cuz while we knock we
still get rejected but the people are so much more happy about it! Especially
cuz Gr. Brit. is doing really well for this year.
Also as I said earlier Simmons and I
went up north of the river for a few reasons. It really is crazy. It was funny
though cuz we would pass Olympic venues and hear cheering. Like we were at Horse
Guards Parade (beach volleyball) and then hear all of this cheering and then
"USA, USA" and Simmons turned to look at me and he said "God
bless America!" It reminds me so much of the Olympics when it was in Utah.
The magical feeling in the air and just everyone is so happy. It really has
been amazing!
Well anyway... life is good here in
good ole England. I am sure I will have some more stories to tell you all.
Love ya
lots!
Elder M. White