Monday, July 9, 2012

Big events in London


This week was Wimbledon and man that was huge here. Murray made it to the finals and that is the first time in 73 years a Brit has made it to the finals so the whole country was shutting down. Traffic was really bad. I had to drive up north of the river and it should have only taken me an hour but it took me four and then another four to come back. It was my first time driving in central London and man that is scary!!!

Remember, how I said that we weren’t doing anything for the Olympics... well I lied. The Olympics are now getting big and the country is getting stoked. This week or next week I can’t remember which we are going to see the torch come through woo that will be fun. Also there are loads of Olympic events in our mission. I never knew there were going to be so many. At least 15-20. Rowing is in Windsor (Slough my first area)  We are meeting with the London mission Pres and his assistants here at the temple on Thursday to discuss some things to do during the Olympics. The London mission has Hyde Park Chapel all set up to use for missionary work. We will not cross the river but I think in central London we will be setting up a few booths and placing more missionaries in those areas during the games. The events will take place all over our mission as well as the rest of England. We are excited about that. England is expecting about 50 million people to come into London over the next few weeks. Already we are seeing lots more Eastern Europeans and Chinese. I am stoked for that. I told Elder Simmons for a p-day we are going into London during the gamesJ if we can.

We are teaching a couple of Muslim. They invited us to a mosque and I have always wanted to go so we are going this afternoon. They are pretty nice guys. I will let you know how that goes.
I don’t have too many stories for the week. We are working our area about 50/50 now which is nice. We are teaching a French lady right now and some Pakistani guys. The work is going well.
I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Michael White