Thursday, July 5, 2012

Goodby Shamo's Hello Millar's



These last two weeks have been so great. Sorry, I didn’t email last week, this is what I have been doing for the last two weeks.

First of all a tender mercy, I lost my journal at Heathrow airport. Heathrow is not some small airport, Heathrow and Paris are the main connecting airports in and out of Europe and so it is HUGE!  I had been keeping this one for the past six months! I did everything to find it. I called the lost and found every day and I even filed three missing reports...nothing and then they found it 6 days later! That was intense for me. I thought it was gone forever and then they found my journal. It was a mirical!!!**


Last week was all about Pres. Shamo and his family leaving. Before the Shamo’s left I went north of the river with them, and the departing missionaries for their tour. They took us cuz they wanted to make sure that we would have a trip up there. That was fun touring around with the departing missionaries. We had moves later that same week. We had 18 new missionaries come in, it was crazy.  We did training for the new missionaries and kept them at the temple for the night. They went to the temple the next day and then we shipped them off to their areas. Then we went over to president Shamo’s to help them pack up. By this point it was Thursday afternoon at 3. We helped pack and clean from 3 pm to 2 am.  The next day we went to the airport and picked up the Millar’s and brought them back to the house. President Shamo and President Millar had about 3-4 hours together and then we said our goodbyes to Shamo’s and dropped them off at the airport.  It was really sad to see them go.

A little bit about Pres. Millar. He was a practicing cardiac surgeon up until two weeks ago. In 1993 he invented a new way which the medical world uses to do some procedure on how to insert a stint into a valve or something like that. He worked with Russell M Nelson. He is a very straight forward man and down to business. Work first then play. He is a very kind and loving man. It is like seeing new missionary in a grown man. He will do such a great job. I am so excited to learn from him. His organization and professionalism is something this mission will learn from him. Love the guy already.

Well family I have to go love you all so much! Thanks for all you do :)
Love,
Elder M. White