
Hi All, Oct. 3rd 2011
I have become such an emotional guy while I have been on my mission. I think I have gotten it from President Shamo cuz he cries about everything! Love that man. I cried like five times during conference yesterday; and today when I heard Young’s good news I cried. What a wonderful thing it was to read about Young getting his call to the second best mission in the world. ;) I did sob while I sat here reading your emails. Thank you for your letters. Young, thank you for living worthy to receive the Lord’s call and act upon it. God has been waiting for you to help him provide blessings without number in the land of Taiwan, and he has so many blessings in store for those you are to teach and influence there.
This week has been a bit frustrating. It has, but it hasn’t. I guess that happens. We have been finding, and finding, and finding some more; and people are going nowhere. The other hard thing is getting the members involved. English people keep to themselves, and they don’t like to tell their friends much about the church.
Good stories for the week... ok so here is one. This past week we had a really good mission conference in Poole. Our zone is in the boonies; we have to have elders all the time spend the night in our flat before we all head toward London. We had six elders in our flat the night before the conference. We had to wake up really early to get there (the members we are living with were at the temple for the week so they weren’t home). We were up and showered and getting ready when the house alarm went off! It never goes off. The only other time it has gone off was the time Elder H-kiss tried to crawl through the window to get in the house because we forgot our keys. Anyway, the alarm went off. We were all like, "someone is trying to breach the home!!!" So we all got cricket bats and tennis rackets and went out beat the person who was trying to break in. It was dark outside too and so we went out with lights and all and ready to maul this bloke, and he ran away from us. No need to pursue. It was quite funny.Dumby. Anyway... the conference that day was really good though, and I learned a lot from it.
We have to travel up to London today (another 5 hour drive) for Zone Leader Conference, which is tomorrow. I am going to stop off at some recent convert’s homes while I am up there.
Ok, the miracle of the week was that we found two new investigators, and guess where they are from! China Beijing and Shanghi! They are both university students and their English is horrible. We are taking it slow and steady. One has no belief in God and the other does. She came to England one month ago and liked how there were churches everywhere and wanted to know more about God and Christ. So we talked to her about who they were and why they are so important. Then we talked to her about prayer. When we taught her how to pray she was so humble about it. She was probably the most humble person I have seen pray while I have been on my mission. When she finished she said, "Can I pray in Chinese when I pray at night?" It was really cute. She wants to be baptized. But because of the language barriers it will take more time. She loves the idea of baptism. Her name is Yo Yo. There are so many Chinese here in Plymouth. They really need Mandarin missionaries down here. I don’t know why they don’t, have them here but they don’t. Young we need you here.
Wasn’t conference amazing? We got to see most of the sessions. Only one or two live, the rest of conference was recorded and we will watch the sessions we missed on the internet later.
Thanks for the advice dad. It was a really sweet bit you sent. My driving lessons are going well, my test is scheduled for November but I am hoping to get it sooner. Megs good job with soccer!! Keep it up and play hard! Young congrats again on your call. I am sorry to end this quick but I only have a few minutes left. I love you all.
Elder M. White (There are 4 of us in my mission)