Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It was a good week


Hi,
You all sound good and happy. It is transfer week and I have no idea what will happen to me???? I guess I will find out on Wednesday.

Colin (chao Li) is doing well. He is still set to be baptized. That man is a flippin stud. Yesterday he told us that we were some of his best friends. I am really excited for him. He is solid as a rock and loves the gospel. If I stay here I will be able to continue teaching him and that will be sweet to see. Honestly he is the only person we are really teaching as of right now that is a strong investigator. We picked up four new investigators this week... one is a Samoan lady we met the other day who went to an LDS school and graduated from seminary and has read the BofM and stuff but she was never baptized cuz her parents wouldn’t let her. Her whole family on the mom’s side is LDS and so we talked to her and are seeing her today. Hopefully she will turn into an investigator. We are excited about that.

This past week we had to drive all the way down to the bottom of England to a place (called lands end) it is a really pretty area. Penzance is right next to it. Anyway we went down there for a district meeting. After we got there we found out that we needed to go up to the other side of our zone (exeter) up at the top of our zone for a baptismal interview that one of the district leaders couldn’t do. It felt like we drove FOREVER that day. But when we got there I had a neat experience. I was asked to interview a man from Poland for baptism; this man spoke little to no English. The sisters who taught him used pamphlets and a Polish Elder in our mission translating over the phone. (Now let me give you the stereotype of polish people. They are all catholic. They all love God. They all don’t speak any English. I have never known any Polish person baptized in our mission. I have never had any success with any polish.) I was giving this interview (I had a polish missionary translating) this man knew everything. Literally. He knew everything. He had read almost the whole BofM. He knew the POS the Restoration everything so well. I couldn’t believe it. He was so clean and pure and wanted to follow God so much. I could literally see his countence reflect from his eyes. I began to weep as we talked and it was so great. After as I was talking to this man. He told me he had driven from Poland to England. “Driven” to find a job, he has no money, sleeps in his car, he literally has nothing. But he was telling me how his faith is so strong in the restored gospel of Christ. Then this man who probably doesn’t have much to eat pulled out a bar or chocolate and an orange for me and said in his broken English "this for you." I literally couldn’t hold back. What a spiritual giant. A true follower of Christ. Anyway that was really neat for me to meet him and feel of his giant spirit.

Ok well hey I have to get going I love you all so much hope all is going great at home.
Love ya tons!
Elder M. White