Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Young has been a member for 1 year and I have been a member for 12 years





Hey Everyone, Oct. 10, 2011
I hope all is going good for the family back at home. It sounds like it is getting cold there and that snow is falling, and that the weather is lame. I talked to Kade Brewer’s MTC comp (he is in my mission) and I got his email address and sent him an email. Kade said he is sick of the bi-polar weather here. He made me laugh cuz I remember how much I hated the weather here at first too. But now I am kind of used to it. The weather here really is strange.

Thank you for all of the Happy Birthdays. My birthday was good. I didn’t really tell anyone it was my birthday. My zone knew and they all wished me a Happy Birthday. A lady in our ward found out about my B day and made me a cake that was really nice. But other than that it was a normal day of work. Probably the most selfless birthday I have had... Normally, I have really selfish B-days, oh false last year’s wasn’t about me either, because Young was baptized. October 9, 1999 was my baptism date and Young’s was October 9, 2010. That was good. I got up in sacrament meeting yesterday and bore my testimony about how I was baptized 12 years ago and my best friend Young was baptized 1 year ago.

This week we had Zone Leader Council. It was really good. I love going to those. We went up the day before because of travel time. We are way out in the boonies of the Mission. So we don’t see other missionaries much, other than those in our Zone. On the way up to London I stopped in Slough and saw some recent converts. They are all doing well. I never could get a hold of Yemy and Louise though... but the rest are doing great. It was really fun to see them. Emi--- is preparing to get his P-blessing and the Mel P-hood. That is exciting. I am stoked about that. My recent convert down here is doing well also. Russel is great, and he is preparing to get the priesthood. Rebekah is solid. She just needs a calling. Ryan is great.

This past week we have seen much success with finding. We found eight new investigators! They are all foreign. Which is interesting because I have baptized more English people than I have foreigners. It is really strange for our mission. Usually missionaries baptize more foreigners.
We found a ton of Chinese students, and actually they are all really cool. It is so amazing how prepared they are to receive the gospel. I just worry if they will understand what we are saying and the importance of the gospel. It is funny cuz remember, Young how I tried to learn my testimony in Chinese before I left? Completely useless cuz I am horrible at Chinese. But they understand when I say "wo sha bun dun" meaning I am stupid. I remember that one from Connor Snyder. They think that is funny and listen when I say it. Anyway we have taught all eight of these investigators once. Hopefully all of these good Chinese people will see us again so I am not celebrating till we teach them a few more times.

We also ran into a Nepalese family. They were really awesome! I am excited to teach them again. The only problem is they don’t speak English; the church doesn’t publish the BofM in Napoli either. I find that weird cuz I have the BofM in Persian and Hindi but not Napoli. Anyway... we will work with that. The other worry is they will forget about our appointments. The Africans and Asians seem to do that. The African girls we ran into the other week dropped us due to not wanting to join another church. Students are often like that cuz they are away from home and don’t want to change because of fear their parents will get mad.
That is our teaching pool right now. We have all foreigners except a young English couple who can only see us once a week; they want to get baptized but not for a bit. I don’t think I will be here when they do, but they will. They are surrounded by the gospel; literally. We are so happy we have something to work with and we know that God is guiding us.

Mom: How is YW going? I bet that was fun being at the temple ground breaking Saturday. I am excited to go to all of these new temples when I get home. I have got to stay on my game for going to all of the temples in Utah! So Payson, Provo, and Brigham City. Those are the three.
Dad: Things are going good with the Zone, for the most part. We have hit a dip in the Zone and in the Mission as well. Pres Shamo sent us an email talking a lot about what you also sent to me. Funny how the spirit works, eh?
Nate/Bester: Sounds like you two are busy! I am praying for both of you to find good jobs and good opportunities. Keep up the good work.
Steve/Stac: Same for you. Steve keep doing great in school!
Tom: Wow yeah how is Elders Quorum? What does the singles ward cover? What area?
Megs: Stop dating boys. They are no good anyway. Serves you right for spilling steak sauce on your dress. :) Also who is in your region now days? It sounds like you guys play timp and all of these other schools up north? I am guessing Springville still is in your region. What place in region did you take?
Young: You are going to the temple! It was really neat but really different. Just remember the feeling you have when you go in.
I love you all my good family and thank you for your prayers. We really can feel them.
Love you all.
Elder M. White