Friday, September 30, 2011

Mission Life



Hi family Sept. 26, 2011
How are things going in the good ole land of Utah? That is how some of the pirates down here would talk. Yeah, they are funny. This past week we went on an exchange with the AP's and I went with Elder Whitehead and he thought it was really funny how people talked down here. It was a really good exchange. I forgot how funny he is and how good at finding he is. He has been out six months longer than me.
Things in the land of good ole Plymouth are going good. I wish they were going better. I won’t lie. It seems like everyone we find are flipping “waiters” and they just aren’t golden. It is really frustrating and gets on my nerves. As of right now we have one baptismal date and that is Charlottes's dad however he isn’t as solid as I would like him to be. He is set to be baptized on the 22 of Oct.
As far as James and Autumn. The reason why she isn’t baptized is cuz when she was a kid her dad wouldn’t let her but as she grew up and the mom and dad separated; she stopped going to church in her teens. The others however did not. They were baptized and she was not. Hopefully we can fix that. They have a long ways to go I won’t lie. Her husband is open minded right now. They are on vacation for the next few days but their schedules are crazy so please pray that they will have time to meet with us. They are really great. For them it’s not a matter of if, but when they get baptized, and I would like to be here when that when happens. But I know very well they can’t be pushed. Ever since I got here we have slowly been working with them and they are now just starting to open up.
God has helped us a lot recently find people, which has been nice, but we are not having success as far as the follow ups. We get the info and stuff and then... nothing. It is lame. Any advice on that one family? From the brothers? Dad? Mom? That would be nice. It is just difficult cuz normally we have someone who is really good that we are teaching and as of right now we don’t have anyone who is golden that we are teaching and it is really frustrating.
Last night I gave some of my recent converts a call. Jo is doing well. When we go up to London for Zone Leader Council I think we are going to stop by and have FHE with her and the family. Nelly just gave a talk in sacrament meeting, and went to the temple for baptisms. They are doing great. Emiliano is doing well. He is just always busy.
It is just tough to see RC's go less active but I know God will give them another opportunity. If there is something I have gained a huge testimony over here in Plymouth it is about less actives and the gift of the Holy Ghost they still have. So she will come back I think. I can totally relate to Alma as he is wishing he was an angel and everyone would want to be good, but then he says he is sinning in his wish... yeah.
This past week we have knocked into a whole tribe of Nigerian girls who are here for university. University is just starting up and it is really kind of gross on the weekends. Satan has a strong hold on all of these students hearts. They are very nice to talk to though. These African girls are from London but their parents are from Nigeria. They are really cool, and we have only taught them once so hopefully they will progress. I guess only time will tell.
As far as rebakahs mum, the lady who went to church cuz of running, she is still just kind of in the same position. She enjoyed church just not willing to do anything. She is one that is hard to discern and know what she is thinking. Her daughter Rebekah (rc) is awesome, and is doing great.
This past week we have been meeting with the stake president quite often. He is so amazing. He is in our ward and they have us over for dinner all the time. We got talking about what needs to be done in the stake. It was a really good talk. I hope you can meet this guy some day. When you hear about a true disciple of Christ this is one of them. Well, got to go.
Love you all.
Elmer White