Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Strange People



This week has been another tough week. Don’t get me wrong we have seen the many miracles but we have not had much success. We are working with Rebekahs sister (Sashka) and she is doing great! We are making some headway with her parents and they may let her get baptized! We are also working with another less active family who we are teaching their daughter she will be baptized on Sept 3rd. We have been doing ALOT of finding and it hasn’t proven too fruitful yet. We have found good investigators but none of them have a set date... yet. I guess we just need to give it some more time. As long as we are working as hard as we can. I think we can still do better. I was talking with Elder Hotchkiss about this yesterday and how we need to give it just little more, then God sends the blessings; he agreed. Sometimes you go up and down as far as the people you are teaching and we just need to keep working really hard.
That lady who had forgotten her baptism... yeah she is funny! We really like her; I wish I could take a recording of her and send it to you guys! But she is activated now. This transfer we have helped reactivate three people. Which has been has been a lot of our work. “Lift where ya stand”. I need to remember that and not get discouraged.
Here is the crazy story for the week..... OH YEAH!!!
We went to this lady who was an eternal investigator we hadn’t met her before. We drove out in the boonies where she lives, and I knock on her door. I look in the window and this really white lady who was naked stands up!!! And this lady was like 50-60 I am scarred for life!!! I looked at Elder Hotchkiss and he was shocked as well! What makes it worse is she came to the window and looked out, when she saw it was us she put some pants on!!!! I might need some therapy when my mission is over. On a mission you meet some of the strangest people.
Sorry this is so short. The Church is so true!!! I love this work! Please pray for us.
I Love you all.