This week has been a tougher one I won’t lie, down in this part of England. Your testimony gets challenged everyday; many don’t believe in God, and those who do believe in God, and have faith have a crazy idea of what the Mormons are and believe in. This week we knocked a whole road, everyone that answered said that they didn’t believe in God except two and both of those people brought up anti Mormon stuff about Joseph Smith--very challenging sometimes, especially for people that don’t have strong testimonies. I just think how sad they don’t understand what they are missing out on and you just need to love them.
Remember Linda who we were planning on baptizing on Sept. 3, one day I hear Elder Hotchkiss say "oh no!" and I figure it can’t be anything too serious, then he interrupts me and says "Elder White you have to come over here and see this." So I went over and he is looking at the ward list and we found out that Linda had been baptized five years ago. She just couldn’t remember it. It was funny, so at church we told her. She said around that time the she had been baptized she had had a mental break down that caused her to lose a lot of her memory. She was quite sad she couldn’t remember her own baptism. But, I look at it as a miracle that God has led her back to the church.
As far as recent converts they are all dong well. I gave a call to some of my recent converts in Slough and they are doing great. Mom, Jo reminds me soooooooo much of you. I am going to get you her address
and if you could send her a letter that would be nice :). Her daughter Nelly
is going to EFY this week up in Nottingham. I think that will be a good experience for her. I also talked to Emiliano. That kid is awe
some. He is doing great. He went back to Italy and got his sister to come to church. His sister is a less active member. Emiliano has an amazing story about how he came to the church. I will email it another time. Remind me. I don’t have time today cuz we have to drive up to London for ZL Conference tomorrow.
some. He is doing great. He went back to Italy and got his sister to come to church. His sister is a less active member. Emiliano has an amazing story about how he came to the church. I will email it another time. Remind me. I don’t have time today cuz we have to drive up to London for ZL Conference tomorrow.
To answer your questions: Slough, my last area, was looted top to bottom. I called Elder Snow and he said they had the missionaries stay inside and go to a member’s home for safety. The whole High Street we lived on was looted and windows broken into. Only a few cars were burnt, but that is nothing compared to other parts of the country. He said it got really bad but it had calmed down for the most part. I don’t even know why the gangs were doing it. The areas the riots were happening are in the ruff parts of London. The part of London that is in my mission is the hood.
God has truly been good to me on my mission I can’t believe how much he literally has opened the windows of heaven and rained his blessings upon me. It is truly amazing to see his work come to pass. We ran into a "lost sheep file" family and they have a desire to come back to church and so we are working with them and they have a daughter who is 9 who wants to be baptized, so we set that up for the 3rd of Sept. The family just has some issues they are working on taking care of. They did come to church yesterday and loved it but they did think it was a bit long... hahahaha yeah go figure. This week we are planning to do A LOT of finding. Our teaching pool is low, and I LOVE finding people and I know that God will provide people for us to teach and baptize.
I love you all!! PS I am so happy :)
