Thursday, August 4, 2011

I love Baptisms!!!


This will be short! I have no time.
Ryan and Rebekah are now baptized. It was a very happy day! I love baptisms. The only thing that is hard about baptisms is it means we need to find more people. Ryan and Rebekah are great. Rebbekah is from St. Vincent. She is really kind person. Ryan is a stud. He is so solid. I will send you a picture soon.

Elder Muller left on Sunday, four hours after the confirmations. What a way to end your mission! My new comp is from Yorkshire England, his name is Elder Hodgekiss. He has been out a year and a half and is a new ZL so I will be training him. (Funny cuz I still am not sure what I am doing and need to be trained:0 I drove up to Bath to pick him up. Dang that place is crazy pretty. It is like old England! It is illegal to build with brick. Builders have to use stone. I saw Jane Austin’s home mom. I wanted to burn it down but I couldn’t cuz it was made of stone. Mom you ruined her books for us boys... hahaha ;) You watched her movies way to many times.

The work is going well. We are working with a part member family who has amazing potential. We are also working with Rebekah's family. They are excited to learn more. We do need a few more solid investigators though.

We did exchanges down in Cornwall. That place something. They are like a different breed! It took me so long to understand them. The roads there are so small! Only enough room for one car and there are these giant ten foot hedges on each side. Driving there reminds me of the shire on “Lord of the Rings”. It is so pretty! So much country. What amazes me even more is that you will drive for miles and miles on these tiny country lanes and then you will run into a village with a small church and about ten homes, literally. We went contacting in some of those areas, and tried to find some less active members that live out there. I can see why they are less active they are in the boonies.

Anyway I have to go! I love you all and talk to ya later!!!
Elder M. White