Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Saying Goodbye



This past week we picked up a baptismal date! YEAH!!!! Her name is Tegen and she is 19 years old. We set her date for November 10 so that we she can be properly taught. She is 19 years old. One of her best friends was a member here about four years ago when she was in YW they have since moved. Anyway so we have taught her the restoration, the plan of salvation and gospel of Jesus Christ, she has come to church, and in church they went over the WOW and she accepted to live it and said "I don’t smoke or drink, Coffee is sick and tea I can give that up." So we are stoked for that! She also has read from the beginning of the Book of Mormon to 2 Nephi 5. So we are really excited about that! It doesn’t matter if I am here when she gets baptized, the exciting thing is that she is getting baptized :)

This week we visited Plymouth for a few days. That was very nice. I got to see a few faces before I go. It was crazy going down there, there were so many of the people I taught that have now moved back to their countries and are gone. I did get to see Russel and he is doing well despite his struggles he has had a  loss of his job and one of his best mates. Rebekah is doing well also. Chao Li is in china and Lin is up in Wales at good college. I stopped by Barbara and Martin and we had a good chat. I just feel so privileged to have helped these people gain a testimony in the gospel. I am going to see Della for the last time tomorrow and also say goodbye to big Wayne.

Nellie and Jo I will see on Saturday. They are really worried about helping N-- afford College. It is so expensive and hard to get that much money for her to attend college. 

I’m so glad my mission president is a Dr. that has really been helpful for me while I have this hepatitis.  He wants to know my test results when I get them. He is keeping an eye on me. The English Doctor here thinks I am doing better.  I really like him. They have been checking my blood 2 times a week. I’ll bring those tests and the ultra sound and CT scan home with me for the Doctors at home.  I am feeling better and my symptoms seem to be lessening.  Hopefully I will be good as new by the time I get home:)  I feel so blessed have been able to feel good enough to be able to work and serve to the end.
Love you all!
 
Elder M. White