Tuesday, October 9, 2012

General Conference



Hi All,

Conference this week was amazing. I haven’t been able to watch all of the sessions yet. I am going to finish watching the last few on the internet. Our church has them all but it was so late for us to be out at night (time difference). We will most likely watch one of the sessions in sacrament meeting. 

For General Conference the Saturday morning session we got it late at night. Our recent converts Jonathan and Debi have never seen conference before and they don’t have a computer to watch it on so we decided to get the mission projector and our laptop and we set it up and projected general conference against the wall for them to watch. They had their cousins there who are from Portugal and didn’t speak any English. So we watched the whole thing in Portuguese! man it was nuts... at one point the cousin was in tears when President Uchtdorf talked. It was really good. I had no idea what he was saying but I knew it was good :) We loved it! 

We have been working with Charlotte and finished up all of the commandments with her.  She committed to live them all. There is no reason why she shouldn’t be baptized. This week we are going to try and give her a date for Oct 27 just two days before I go home. I really hope she accepts it. We have been fasting and praying for it. She is a really good girl.

For our zone trainings we have focused a lot on the baptismal commitment. At one of the zone trainings the first councilor in our mission presidency took us out for fish and chips at a place called "Chez Fred’s" (pronounced Shay-Fred’s, French I think). Anyway it was by far the best fish and chips I have ever had. Holy cow that was the highlight of the week for sure! I loved it sooo much! The zone trainings were good too:0 Tomorrow we have another zone training on the eastern part of the mission. It’s only about an hour’s drive away.

Debi and Jonathan are throwing me a b-day party today! I love them to bits. All of the other RCs are doing great :)  Emiliano I think is getting serious with this Bolivian girl (a member) so that is good. We like to hear that. Good man he is.


 I heard a great quote that I liked. "Only the church will save the world from its own destruction."           -Ezra Taft Bensen.

Love you!!!
Elder M. White