Friday, October 26, 2012

One last Baptism



We had a big miracle this week, I am sure I have already told you about Charlotte. We went over and taught her on Thursday. She is literally a dry Mormon, coming to church and obeying the commandments. We have taught her all of the commandments. The only reason why she won’t get baptized is because of her father being against it. She is really scared of that.  Anyway on Thursday we went over to teach her we talked about baptism. When I mentioned the word baptism she cringed a bit and then we asked her about why she didn’t want to be baptized. She proceeded to tell us about her father and how he would react.  Anyway we talked then a lot about faith and fear and about how the gift of the Holy Ghost would change her life. I didn’t want to push her at all cuz I could tell this was sensitive enough. So we invited her to pray about being baptized on Oct. 27. We said she needed to pray about it and on Sunday we would talk more and she can let us know what her answer was. She was very emotional and I thought great we have blown it and now she will never get baptized. Sunday comes around and we saw her and her mum walk into church late. After sacrament meeting I went up and started talking to her.  She told us "I have been really praying a lot about baptism as you said, and I do want to be baptized, but it can’t be this Saturday".... I was sad it couldn’t be this Saturday cause I wanted to be at the baptism.  I thought well that is OK at least she is getting baptized.  Then she said... I would like to be baptized this Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The very thing that literally we have been fasting for, for about six weeks now and praying for soooooo long! Man it was such a great thing to hear. Her interview is today. Please keep her in your prayers!! She is having a private baptism. There will just be a few Elders and a few others people going. I am so happy I will get to see one last baptism before I go home! I love baptisms!!!!! That truly is my miracle. Please pray for her. :)
We have loads of appointments and a baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huzzah!!!!!!!!
Love you all!
Elder M. White