Monday, June 20, 2011

We Baptized a Whole Family



June 13, 2011
I won’t lie I don’t have any time to email today so I am going to make this quick. Our baptisms went really well! We baptized a whole family. Next week we have hopefully two more families! The family this week was the mother and her two twins. (Louise and Annabell and Lucinda). They are sure a great family, very faithful, they knew about the missionaries and the Mormons because of Donny Osmond.
This week we have more baptisms a family from Ghana and a family on the military base. I won’t lie these are a bit shaky so please keep them in your prayers. The family from Ghana is a lady named Victoria and her daughter Rachael, and the family on the military farm are Jo…….., Vic, and their 2 children. So keep them in your prayers. They are both great families but they all have some sick opposition. Right now the only one in the military family who is getting baptized is Jo (the mom). The kids are debating it and the father will just take some time. He is a good bloke. They are such a great family! Dang I do love them.
Some other people we are working with are Sh….. and Si….. (cant remember who they are). We taught them last night and she was saying how she has dreams all the time of her mom and her brother (who are both dead) and they aren’t happy. She said she knows that they need something more and she didn’t know what. Then she looked at me and said "Elder White, what is it they need?" and I was like BAM!!! So we talked about the spirit world and baptisms for the dead, and she got so happy about it all and said that she needs to get baptized quick.

Also something crazy …….WE SAW THE QUEEN!!!!!! Yes, I am dead serious. I talked to this member in our ward who is a guard at the castle and I ask him if we could go into the castle for free, so he got us tickets for our p-day. That happened to be the day they were doing some huge knighting ceremony and so the whole royal family was there and I kid you not, I was ten feet away from all of them! Including William and Kate and Charles. It was crazy!!! They are so ceremonial here when it comes to the royals, it’s funny. Hahaha gotta love em. It was actually pretty neat to see all of the of that stuff.... yeah it was crazy. I will send you pics and videos. I got some sweet videos, especially when they were singing “God Save the Queen”.
I am sorry I do have to go! I love you all and know we are doing well! Love ya guys!