Monday, June 20, 2011

Golden Families


June 6, 2011
This week we have truly been blessed. We have 6 baptismal dates. Three of them are getting baptized this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep them in your prayers. This is the mother and her two daughters who know Donny Osmond. Donny has done wonders in the land of England. (Donny himself) sent an area in our mission a referral and they just baptized that person last week. So he is a missionary. This family of three, Louise (the mom) and her twin daughters. They are a really great family. The mom is really stressed about work and family. But all will be OK. Their only concerns right now is her daughters have a birthday party on Sunday (when the baptism is scheduled) and for the party they are supposed to watch Kung Foo panda and I asked them what would Jesus do? Ya bad idea never asking a ten year old that question again. Kung Foo panda... ha but the mom in the end over ruled them and said no we need this and we are all getting baptized this Sunday! The girls do want to be baptized they just want to go to this party as well. They really are an awesome family and the ward has done such an amazing job of fellowshipping them. But we are very excited about them. They are such a golden family and the mom is really excited about the temple.
Our next golden family is the Ste………They are the family that the daughters who were whistling at us and so I said lets go to their door. The mom is getting baptized and now the whole family is taking the lessons and thinking about baptism!!! You guys have no idea how big of a miracle that is! We were talking with Jo (the mom) and she was saying how the only reason she invited us back to dinner was because she felt bad that we were so far from home, then she thought that she actually should try out what we were saying and... BOOM!!! Holy Ghost does his magic! She is excited, but nervous. Her husband when we first met him wouldn’t even be in on the lessons, now he is coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. Their kids are deciding too, they just don’t know if they want to give up partying. Please keep them in your prayers their names are Jo (mom,) Vic (dad) and kids are Mac and Nellie. They are a way funny family. When I say this I am not kidding either, they are EXACTLY like Frank and Marie on “Everybody loves Raymond”! I didn’t think a marriage could work that way. They have proved otherwise. They have been married years, but it is a crazy funny marriage. They are both so dang funny. We were teaching them and Vic said "dang I am thirsty, Jo go get me some squash." And she said “you pig no”! “You think all I am good for is cooking and cleaning and that" And he said "cuz that is true!" and the funny thing is they think that is normal. But they are really kind and they have hearts of gold.
The next family is a Ghana family. I think I have told you about her. Her name is Victoria and she is very spiritual. The only way I can describe her is she is African. She is very nice but very flakey. Yesterday she came to church and she got up and bore her testimony! Very powerful. She talked about how she knew the church was true when she prayed about the Book of Mormon and that night she had another dream, and in that dream she say many members in the ward and then she saw us missionaries, then she saw a woman pastor. She said “And I was told to go to the missionaries, they are the ones who are giving the truth." She is set to be baptized on the 19th. I just hope we don’t lose contact with her. Her situation is really sketchy.
Young: Crazy you are starting the papers! AHHHHHHh it is hard but worth it. You and Megs are mom’s last hope for New Zealand! ;)