Thursday, March 29, 2012

The London Temple





Lots to tell you we had lots of little miracles. The past two weeks once again we have been doing a lot of exchanges. I got to go on a great exchange with Elder Snow (who I trained) in Bath. He is doing great!! I love that kid. The city of Bath is flipping beautiful city!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is the same brick everywhere you go and it is in the middle of the country side! I tried to see all that I could while I was there but there is so much to see in the city and not to mention I was there as a missionary and not a tourist. I really want to go back sometime and see the roman baths and ruins there. It is a really neat city. Mom I am sure you would love it.
Do you remember Wayne the one guy I met at the Slough bus station last year? Yeah? He was the less active man that went back to church and is fully active now. He baptized his good friend. This past week I got a call from him and he said "I just got my temple recommend and I would be honored if you came to with me for my first time to the temple.” I started shouting I was so happy. My companions, Elder Folkerson and Elder Whitehead, were with him when he went back to church. We got presidents permission and went to the London Temple on Sat and went through the endowment with him. It was really neat to see. That literally made my week. When I went into the celestial room he came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "Thank you so much for being at the right place and at the right time. You have no idea how much this has changed my life. You came and found me just at the right time. Thank you so much. Thank you and thank snowball (Elder Snow)." It is so wonderful going through the temple with someone you have helped bring into the church. That made my week and was by far the highlight.
Then Manoj who is our star date in Crawley is doing great. We are now teaching his family. He came to church and he loved it. In elders quorum they asked for people to come and help out with service and they asked for volunteers and Manoj was the first to raise his hand and it was his first time at church!!! It was sweet. We have been very blessed to find a great family.
Please pray for me as well as those who we teach and have been baptized, pray for missionary work. This is an amazing work. How wonderful it is to be engaged in the work of God. To see his mighty hand pushing forth throughout the world.
I Love you all so much!
Love,
Elder M. White