Monday, February 13, 2012

London is so beautiful



First of all I want to tell you about the baptisms we are going to have. There is Lorraine. She is doing well. We met her the day I came here and she is going to be baptized this weekend. Then we have Faith who is the daughter of a member of the ward. She is doing well and set to be baptized this week as well but she is getting cold feet so we are going over every day. PLEASE pray for her. The work is going well but we are having trouble finding really committed people.
This week we will be concentrating our efforts on getting our two commitments baptized.
As far as the man who was trying to decide if he should change churches, he is doing well. This last week we talked to our mission pres and he referred us to some material that really helped him to see that his other church had some holes and our church had the whole truth. So hopefully he will be baptized soon.
Please pray though that we will find some people to teach that are who are dedicated and faithful in coming to church and will keep their commitments. As far as our investigators from last week... the ones I was all excited about yeah they dropped off the face of the earth. I don’t know how. But they did. So please pray we can find some dedicated children of God who want to hear our message.
This week also I found out that I am serving in one of the most BEAUTIFUL cities in the entire world. An elder in our zone lost his wallet on the bus and someone turned it in and the bus Lost and Found was north of the river out of our mission. His companion is from Scotland and has been to London tons of times, my comp has been up there before, and since I had never been there I went on exchange with the Elder in our Zone who had lost his wallet. Holy Freaking Cow I never knew that London is such a gorgeous city!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don’t serve in the really pretty part it isn’t part of my mission. We went up to the Lost and Found and on the way we stopped and took pics at Big Ben, Parliament, Buckingham, Hyde Park, the Marble Arch, and 221 b Baker Street, (the lost and found was on Baker Street) don’t worry all of this was on the way and we had permission but man it was so pretty!!!!!!!!!! They have built the touristy part of London in an old roman way with all this stone and marble on the buildings and it’s just amazing. It was beautiful. But too I thought it would be hard to be a missionary here because of all the tourists. It was like any other city as far as the shops and people but the buildings were so pretty!!!!!!! I still cannot get over what a different place that London is compared to my London.... There is so much to see in London, this city is so amazing.
Once again I feel so grateful that God has blessed me so very much. I thank him every day for his amazing blessings. This missionary work truly is the work of the Lord and his hand is in every part of it.
Love you all
E. White