Monday, July 4, 2011

Priesthood Power

This week was good. Elder Muller my new companion is from Switzerland and he loves Cheese. I have no idea why but he does. Once a transfer his family will send him a box of cheese from Switzerland and he loves it and this last box reeked!!! Our flat smelled for days. He said that they don’t have real cheese here. However, the chocolate he has makes up for the stinky cheese. :) He is very nice and we get along well.
We use ferries to get to the different locations in our area. About once a day we drive our car on to a ferry and we cross over to a place called "Torpoint" it is a nice little area. It is kind of fun.
I have a funny food story. We have this Indian family in our ward and they are way cool. They invite us over for dinner I am used to Indian food because in Slough there were lots of Indian people. But at this home they didn’t give us forks or anything to eat with. The dad just started eating with his hands. So that is what we did too. It was pretty crazy at first because we were eating things like soup, and then curry and rice all with our hands. As we ate I decided I liked eating this way. I finished my food and the dad said "here have some more" and he piles more food on. So I ate it. Then once again he said "have some more" so I did, then again and again.
We did have a baptism on Sunday. The man’s name was Russel. He was an eternal investigator and has gone through a million missionaries, he is a great guy. Also I heard that Nellie who is in Slough is still getting baptized on Saturday. So that is exciting also.
Yesterday we were at a dinner appointment with some members. We ask them if there was anyone they knew who needed help. They told us about a member down the road who had just had surgery. So, we went by this members home. The father had, had knee surgery and was just out of the hospital a few days anyway we talked for a minute and I ask him if he needed a blessing and he said "Oh yes I would love that." I gave the blessing. I was expecting the spirit to tell me to talk about this man’s knee and how it needs to be healed but as I put my hands on his head I started talking about his wife, and about being patient, it was so weird cuz this had nothing to do with his knee. NOTHING! But, the spirit was saying to talk about his wife, talk about how he should listen to her and love her and be patient. I said lots of thing I can’t even remember. It was so weird and I thought what if this has nothing to do with anything! (my little faith). I did in the end bless his knee, and then I closed. I opened my eyes and this man was in tears. Literally he had broken down and was crying so hard. I have never seen a grown man cry that much. He probably used 7 tissues. Then he said " would you give my wife a blessing as well." Elder Muller gave the blessing and it was very similar to her husbands blessing, Elder Muller talked about keeping covenants stuff like that. It was crazy cuz she too broke down into tears. Then we got ready to leave this brother said “we have been having marital problems for quite some time now and those blessing are just what we needed to hear. Now we know God is aware of our situation." It blew me away!!! This man had such great faith, he and his wife are good people they are both temple endowed. It is interesting to see how God let us be an instrument of his to help his children. It was just a really neat experience and it taught me a lot about blessings.
I love you all.