
July 12, 2011
What a crazy place this is! And I love it! We picked up three baptismal dates. So we went from zero investigators to three in a week. It was a pretty good week. We are working adding more investigators to our pool. Our three dates are named Cl….., Rebekah, and Ryan.
Clyde was a very devoted to his church, until he found the truth! bam!!! But his date is pretty shaky. We didn’t force it we just used the spirit. He is so nice. First time I met him he was holding a huge machete!!! Funny ya.
Rebekah. is the 20 year old daughter of a naval family here. Plymouth has a huge naval base here. We knocked on their door, she has been to church twice since. She is very strong. We just have to teach her the commandments. She is set for the baptism on the 30th of July. Her sister wants to be baptized too but the parents won’t let her. 

Ryan. is the son of a less active member. His mother looks EXACTLY like Loretta Clark. EXACTLY!!!! So that really freaked me out to see this lady looking so much like Loretta and hear her speak with an English accent. Ryan. is a stud and he loves church. His mom (Loretta look alike) is way cool but really spacey and often forgets about our appointments, so there is a problem there. She has a bad back and is getting surgery in a few weeks. She has been waiting for almost a year (Typical health program here). ya get what ya pay for.
Those are our investigators that we are working with and we are really trying to find more.
This past week we did exchanges in our Zone we were able to get to most of the areas in our Zone. For 3 days we packed sleeping bags with us and went from area to area. No, dad I did not tell the missionaries that I worked with what to do or act like I knew more than they did. I feel very inadequate. I am the 2nd youngest missionary in the zone and so I do feel weird sometimes. On our exchanges we talked to the Elders we were working with, a lot about how we can improve and what we can do better. We really worked on finding people skills with them. I know (that I am like the most humble guy in the world ;) but my finding skills are pretty good, we worked on that. Then we talked lots on obedience. That is something that has been plaguing this zone for a while I guess so we really focused on that.
We also had a zone training on Monday (hence why I didn’t write earlier) and so Elder Muller and I did some training at it. It turned out pretty good. Lots of the missionaries here in our Zone have felt that they can’t find anyone to teach. So we talked again about finding people, and about how God will help us find them. We also talked about how we as missionaries need to put ALL of our trust in God. We asked them how we could put your trust in God. We came up with these three ways 1-Obedience, 2-Hard Work, 3- Love for the Lord and the people. We emphasized that if we work on those things God would place or lead us to good people who were ready for the Gospel. Since our meeting, missionaries in four of our areas have received calls from formers or random people saying they want to be baptized!!!! Holy crazy sauce eh? I know that doesn’t happen all the time but hey, it was neat and true that God will place those prepared souls before your path if we trust in him.