Hi, Iam training again. And, Yes I do love it! I have decided that the Lord has a sense of humor. I was trained by Elder Whitehead, last transfer I trained Elder White, and now I’m training Elder Snow!!! So we have Snow White and the seven lessons. Elder Snow is from Riverton, Utah and just got out of the MTC. He knows Ben Hutchings, and Kelly Cloward (both were in the MTC with him and are from Springville and Mapleton). It was fun to talk to him about back home and all. He enjoys football and is really excited about missionary work. He isn’t as loud as I am, but I don’t know if that is because I am very loud, or it may be that he is just a little nervous; I know he is nervous. I look back and see how nervous I was when I first came out. Wow funny stuff. And that was only six months ago! So officially I have completed 1/4th of the Lords mission for me. That is kind of crazy to think about.
Work in Slough is really picking back up. We have 7 baptismal dates. Most of which are solid, a few are a little flaky but that is why we are here, yeah?
First we are teaching So…., she is doing well. Her parents were in Greece for a bit, but now they are home. They both have a lot of issues, (her mom was the one who chased me around). We dropped by the other night and talked with her. She is doing well, just she hates her family. She really lives in a challenging environment. I just can’t believe she has done as well as she has in that kind of environment. We need to teach her the Word of Wisdom and Tithing. Sue is doing great. We have taught her everything, but she wants to be baptized with Sophie because they are really good buds. She is like Sophies mom. Sue is an older lady with very poor health, so just pray that when we baptize her she won’t turn to dust in the water.
Next are G…… and E……….(cant remember names) They are doing really well. The only thing is they live in Windsor which is far from our chapel and we have no idea how to get them to church. We have tried asking members and everything! It just all falls through. Now we are going into back up plans. It is just so hard when they live so far away. They think that we are kind of like ghost hunters because when we met them, they asked us to cast the evil spirits that were in their house. So we went in and she asked me "is there an evil spirit in here?" They are just really superstitious. We blessed their house and they said it feels a lot better. Ga.... is excited about the whole thing but is scared to give up her religion which is 7th day Adventist.
We gained 3 new baptismal dates! They are a lady and her two daughters. The mom's name is Nana….. and her two daughters H….. and J…… (dont remember the names). Nana is from Nigeria, her husband passed away five years ago. She has breast and liver cancer and is expected to die soon. She is going to be baptized on the fifth of June. She really loved the plan of salvation and said that "it gives me hope." It is so amazing to see the atonement work in her life. She just all of a sudden clicked on, and to see that as a missionary, there is no better thing. She lives on the very boundaries of our mission! So she is way far from the chapel... but God provides a way. Those are the basics of the people that we are teaching that have baptismal dates. We are excited about all of them.
Well, family I won’t lie. I really loved talking to you on Sunday. Crazy what skype can do, eh? Tender Mercy of the Lord. The flooding in Utah sounds like it might get bad. England has actually been very nice this past month. They think they are going to have a drought. I am praying for that... haha
Love Elder White
Love Elder White
Notes from Elder White's family: We were able to skype Michael on Mother’s day what a great way to communicate. It was like he was in our family room having a chat with us telling us all about his mission. He looked and sounded so good. He loves the work he is doing and the people in England!!! We talked to his English companion Elder J. White (he was going home from his mini mission on Wednesday) and he told us his inspiring conversion story. What a sharp young man.
Michael cried when he met his first little nephew Ross just 7 weeks old and Meghan cried when he told her how beautiful she was, Young and Michael cried when they realized that it could be the last time they would skype before Young left on his mission and the rest of us got teary when Michael shared with us his love for us all and his love for his mission and the people he was blessed to serve. All in all we had a great talk. We were able to share our testimonies and say family pray, that was a true blessing to be able to thank our Father in Heaven for our missionary son and ask Heavenly Father to bless and protect him while he served and did his work in England.