Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royal Wedding!!!


****The Royal Wedding*****

Yes, we had permission to watch the Royal Wedding because working during it would have been useless. It was actually pretty cool. Many of the people we teach like S….. and a few others were the guards at it and the escorts. It was pretty neat.
Work that day was really tough though because the whole country celebrated and got drunk and went crazy. England... got to love it :) I don’t think they did anything in Windsor for the wedding celebration. It all took place in London at Westminster Abbey. But this month Prince Charles (next in line for the throne) is having his birthday party in Windsor, I think that is the perfect time to convert the whole lot of them! We were thinking on pulling an Alma and Amulek; good idea don’t you think?
Yes, I heard about Bin Laden. They have told us in Slough, due to the ethnicity that we Americans need to watch out. We will be careful missionaries that’s for sure, but if you think about it we have the best body guard of all, we have God! Right!!
As for our missionary work this week it went pretty good. We did lose a baptismal date. Her husband ran away drunk and we found him the next day hammered. We got talking with him and he was saying how he was going to kill himself and all that stuff. I won’t lie that is scary to deal with. When someone is tells you they are going to kill themselves it is hard to know what to do to help them.
We still are teaching Sophie, But with Omur, because of Bin Laden’s death, I wonder if our President will continue to let us teach him; we will see. Sophie came to church yesterday with a lady named Sue and a lady named D...(forgot her name). D... is from the Caribbean and doesn’t quite understand the apostasy. We have some good potential people we will see how they are coming this upcoming week.
Elder J. White and I did the best in our zone as far as our stats, this week; cool ya, and the APs gave us a call saying good job. We really did do good. We have lots of new investigators and lots of potentials people for baptism. That sure feels good to me!
Update on our recent convert Dan, his wife is saying how he loves the church more than her, and she is also saying she is going to divorce him. Dan told her he does love her but the church is true and this is the way we need to go. She thinks that they can just go to Church of England and everything will be fine. Dan understands how this is the only true church. She just has very little faith and I don’t know how to help her.
We had a great exchange in London this week. We also spent our P day in London playing soccer. Dang I am fat, but I can still maul them all. Wow... I thought Brits were good at soccer…….. False. Jk Jk they are just not as good as I thought. I have to go! Talk to you guys next week on Mothers Day! Love ya all!!