Elder White and Elder Johnson at the temple
I’M AN UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Uncle Michael) I have waited since my mission call to say that. Truly the night I got my call I thought about when this little guy would be born and the email I would send home. So there ya go.
(Uncle Michael) I have waited since my mission call to say that. Truly the night I got my call I thought about when this little guy would be born and the email I would send home. So there ya go.
It has only been 5 days since I emailed you. So I don’t have tons of news to tell you. Tomorrow we have another Zone Conference in Reading. They are teaching us how to work with members more effectively.It is really good training.
This week Emiliano was supposed to be baptized but due to his work we have to wait until General Conference Sunday to baptize him. It is a little iffy we are not sure he can get off work so pray for him that he will be able to be baptized. The bishop of our ward here doesn’t do Saturday baptisms. Emiliano is doing great. He struggles with his English but he has only lived here for three months. When we teach him we have to use Spanish or draw pictures. It is kind of crazy, especially when we talked about the law of chastity…… That was a lesson that will go in the book!
Cameo and family are doing really well. She said she send you guys a message on Face book. She is so nice and good to us. Keep her in your prayers as well. Her husband gets back from the war on April 21.
We are also teaching many Fijians. They are really great people but literally ALL of them which is three or four families are just depressed that they are here in England. They want to be back in Fiji. One of them called me last night and said “Hi I would like to thank you for coming over and I love having you come over but... Don’t ever come over here again." It was literally like that. She said she didn’t want to change religions. I felt bad, but I know it is hard on them because they all live on the Military estate and there are TONS of Fijians on this estate so they all go to the same church they have their own pastor and they really feel at home when they are with each other. So, the way I figure it we just need to convert all of them and then they can feel at home in the right true church!
Sinky and Lilian dropped us as well... it was so sad they told us that they had their pastor from their old church come over and they said it made them feel like they were at home. (They go to a Botswana church). They said they wanted to give their church another shot and if it was lame, then they would come back to our church. (So only a matter of time for them)
Faith another African investigator we haven’t seen for a while because of her crazy work schedule. (70 hrs a week) Still wants to be baptized but we have to wait until May when her husband gets home from war then she will quit her job. She has read almost all of the Book of Mormon. She is solid we just need to reinforce the Apostasy again with her.
Miracle time... This week Elder Johnson and I were tracting near our chapel and we ran into a family from Zimbabwe. We talked to them for a bit and asked them if they wanted to come to our church on Sunday. They said they would show up and call us for an appointment. (yeah right) we hear that 10-15 times a day. So we think nothing of it. Sunday comes around and in the middle of sacrament this 15 year old girl shows up. She came all by herself she told us that she and her family are very interested in learning more. Her parents couldn’t come because they had to work but they all want to learn more about the gospel. Hopefully we will have a baptismal date for them next week.
This coming week we plan on finding new people to teach. We need to build up our pool big time. I have been praying to find those who are "elect." I know that God does hear prayers and he does answer them. It is in times of trial that you find yourself most humble. It is after those times of trial that God blesses you and gives you the reward. We as a mission do feel that something big is about to happen here in England. President Shamo has really been preparing us, that man is so inspired. Who knows what it will be. We do feel that something is going to make the people want to start believing in God. It is tough getting people to believe in God. Especially after the terrible stuff that has gone on is Japan. Everyone we talk to says "why would God do that?" But I know God loves us. I have seen his hand in MY life and especially in this past month more than in my whole mission. It is so great to have the knowledge that Christ lives. He knows me. He knows us all. He is there on lifting us up when we fall down. How amazing it is to know that. I love you all.