Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Doing great in Plymouth


Here in Plymouth we are all doing great. Yes, mom we do stay in areas really long here. However, for me to be in two areas in one year that is really rare. My trainer, Elder Whitehead was in four areas his first year and that is more normal. Most missionaries have one area they are in a really long time and I happen to have two so far.
As far as the ward down here. It is a really good ward. However it is shrinking. The church in this part of England really breaks my heart I won’t lie. The recession has really hit hard here so many move away to find jobs. There are some amazing people down here which I love so sososososos much.
As far as our baptismal dates we are having a baptism this weekend with Lin. Chao Li would baptize him but he is going back to China for the holidays; up until Jan 13. Chao Li is a star. Lin is a great kid too. We went to Chao's home this week and we had China night. He made us some Chinese food and I have no idea what it was. But it was really good. Lin came along also. We taught Lin the Law of Chastity this past week, and man I hate teaching that to people who don’t speak fluent English. We had Chao Li with us to help him understand, but still it didn’t help much. It was awkward. :)
As far as S---- her parents want her baptized on Christmas Eve. S---- is really cool. Then Martin is doing well. He is a very humble and meek man. He is so good and he is really progressing well. We also picked up another baptismal date this week. He is this man from Nepal that we have been teaching. We have been teaching him via skype with a Nepalese convert in London whom I know. But his date isn’t for awhile. So we have to take things nice and slow for him. His date is for Jan 28. Martin baptismal date is now for the 14 of Jan. As far as the rest we are finding a few new people and that is good. We keep searching for more.
Today our zone is getting together to make a movie for the Christmas mission presentation. It is crazy because of how far apart our zone is. I had to get permission from the APs just to have them all get together because of the travel distance. While I was in Slough we used to get together every p-day; we were so close together there. But I think everyone in the zone is excited for that. We have a few new missionaries in our zone; one from Ukraine and the other from Scotland. The zone is doing really well. We have 12 baptismal dates in the zone, which is actually an all time high from me in this zone. We are right up there with the London zones in that aspect. Four of the candidates are getting baptized this week.
Christmas is coming up and so that is exciting. I will skype you on Christmas so it will just be like what we have done in the past. I will call Young on Dec 19. I got permission from my mission pres to call him. This week our Zone is going to the temple. We are all stoked about that! I haven’t been to the temple in... 8 months. I know that a lot, if not most missionaries, don’t go but I have missed it so much. I love going to the temple. We are also having another General Authority Elder Causse’ (however you spell it) come to our mission. He is from France. That is the exciting news.
Love you all,
Elder M. White