February 14, 2011
Wow…..First off we had a baptism for Yemy and her daughter Angelique. I baptized both of them and Elder Whitehead confirmed Yemy. It was really neat we loved it. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have been to. It was cool when I baptized Yemys daughter she came up and said "Oh that was nice" and then said "I think I should have done that sooner" made me laugh. Pres. and Sis. Shamo came because Sister Shamo was the one who challenged Y. She gave one of the baptismal talks, it was great. I really do love them. They are probably the closest things I have to parents in the world that aren’t my real parents. Oh ya, one of Y sons lives in our area and Elder Whitehead and I are teaching him the missionary lessons. We are excited about that!
Our investigator are on the decline but we both feel another explosion of investigators coming soon! You know when you can just feel it? Yeah, we feel it. We spent one full day trying to find people to teach in Slough but we had no success. We saw these kids playing street soccer and they saw we were American and asked if we wanted to play. Of course I said “yes” so we played for a bit. None of the kids were British, most of them were Syrian, and it was really fun playing street soccer in Slough. It was like on a movie where you see the kids playing ball in the middle of the city, so I felt pretty cool to be a part of it.
February 22, 2011
I was not transferred but my companion Elder Whitehead was. He was a great missionary trainer and I will miss him. My new companion is Elder Johnson. He just came three hours ago he seems like a really nice person.
.
I went on an exchange in London with one of our ZL's for two days. That was really fun! I met one of their baptismal dates who are from Nepal named Ramesh. When he was a boy he had a high fever that affected his brain now he can’t walk and is in a wheelchair. He is a way cool guy. We taught him at the church and after he wanted to play basket-ball. Holy cow...I was thinking I would need to take it easy with him because he was in a wheelchair, but false! He mauled me! I know I stink at basketball but he was good. It wasn’t just the fact that I was bad he was just really good! My exchange in London was great and I enjoyed it very much however I was glad to get back to good ole Slough.
I went on an exchange in London with one of our ZL's for two days. That was really fun! I met one of their baptismal dates who are from Nepal named Ramesh. When he was a boy he had a high fever that affected his brain now he can’t walk and is in a wheelchair. He is a way cool guy. We taught him at the church and after he wanted to play basket-ball. Holy cow...I was thinking I would need to take it easy with him because he was in a wheelchair, but false! He mauled me! I know I stink at basketball but he was good. It wasn’t just the fact that I was bad he was just really good! My exchange in London was great and I enjoyed it very much however I was glad to get back to good ole Slough.
As far as our investigators, Sinky and Lilian are still the same so hopefully we can get them feeling like they are "more ready". Cameo is doing great! She is in the same just waiting to be baptized when her husband gets home from Iraq. She also introduced her friend to us who we are now teaching. She is also from Jamaica. There are lots of Jamaican people here. We also picked up another investigator a man named G he is from Portugal. He struggles with many of the commandments. We have only taught him the Restoration, but it is truly amazing to see how much he has changed and too see how much the gospel can change him if he continues to accept it. Dan and Tracy are doing really well. We are starting to crank up the spiritual heat for Tracy and to have her baptized. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.
Funny Story, the Kassinen family in our ward. They are a way cool family. Elder Whitehead and I last P-day on February 14th didn’t clean our flat cuz we went sightseeing and we had to leave early. That night we got back to the flat and our door was covered in pink hearts! All over! There were no cookies, no name, and no card. Elder Whitehead said “who would do this to our door and leave us nothing?" I replied “I know who, someone who is sick and cheap!" We wanted food or treats!!! I checked the door and it was locked. We went inside and next to the light switch I saw a tiny heart... my stomach dropped!!! I looked at Elder Whitehead and said "we've been breached" Then I turned on the lights and someone had heart attacked the whole flat and decorated it all up! There also was a note left saying that there was a five course meal in the fridge. Our fridge broke last week and so all the food in it went bad making it reek!!! Like when you leave fish out in a warm room for hours? Yeah, like that. So we felt bad cuz our flat was way dirty and our fridge was sick. It was really nice of the Ks to do that for us. They thought it was funny too. They had gotten the key from our landlords who are members of the ward.