Tuesday, November 30, 2010

London here I come


Sorry, I don’t have much time today. I didn’t get to read your emails just glance at them and the only thing I saw was that BYU lost, I won’t lie that does depress me. But, oh well they did better than I thought they would do.
I only have 15 minutes to email today because we are leaving for my mission tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. We will be traveling by train. I have never been on a train for that long before so I am actually excited! London here we come!!!
Quick story before I get kicked off the computer. This week we went tracking, and Elder Simon and I placed 10 Books of Mormon and committed a woman to baptism on accident—kind of. I was just talking to this lady and she was like, “yeah what you have to say makes sense” and before I knew it I was asking her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized with someone holding the proper authority. I don’t know where the words came from it was as big a shock to me as I’m sure it was to her, she said “yes!” I was pretty amazed actually. We had some great experiences that day.
We had the best talk ever the other night. A Stake President from Chorely came and spoke to the MTC about his conversion. It was by far the best story I have ever heard! He brought in such a strong spirit. Words can’t describe what I felt that night and it just re-affirmed to me that I am out here for a reason and that God has special plans for each and every one of us. I was sooooo happy! After the Stake President spoke we got together for District meeting, I taught the lesson and when it was over I just wanted to shout for joy! But since I couldn’t, I decided that we would sing hymns and so my District sang hymns for about twenty minutes just to express how happy and excited we all were! It was very special!
Chances are my p-day is Monday so I should be able to read my emails and write more then.
Love ya tons, and long live Manchester United!!!
Elder White
(Hi, I am Elder Whites mom and I am in charge of putting parts of his emails on this blog. I am still learning about blogs and how they work. It has been a good education for me, hopefully I will get some pictures on it soon--so stay posted)